The Office of Assessment of Teaching and Learning works with colleges and programs on assessment of student learning and continuous improvement of undergraduate academic programs.
The Office of Assessment of Teaching and Learning works with colleges and programs to:
- Develop and implement useful, sustainable, effective assessment systems and interpret results.
- Develop and deploy best practices in assessment to improve teaching and learning.
- Design, manage and interpret web-based course evaluations and surveys.
- Meet assessment requirements for regional accreditation and academic program review
The Office also:
- Provides technical operations and support for WSU’s assessment system (web-based course evaluations, surveys and rubrics, currently in Skylight Survey System).
- Facilitates sharing assessment resources among the colleges and programs, including best practices in learning outcomes assessment, interpretation of student data, and faculty professional development.
- Serves as the central unit to compile and synthesize undergraduate academic assessment reports to contribute to WSU’s regional accreditation requirements (Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities) and align reporting with academic program review (Higher Education Coordinating Board for the State of Washington).