Annual Program Assessment Reporting
WSU undergraduate degree programs are responsible for reporting annually on program-level assessment, submitting a report to ACE. ACE provides an annual program assessment report form in Qualtrics for programs to use, along with additional reporting resources, and ACE staff are also available to answer questions and help assessment coordinators complete the report.
See Writing Your Annual Program Assessment Report for more information.
Annual reporting on program assessment furthers several goals:
- Helps programs document their assessment activities and processes; may assist in identifying needs and next steps.
- Serves as an institutional inventory, providing a snapshot of current assessment activities within colleges and institution-wide.
- WSU-wide: Information from annual program assessment reports are compiled to provide WSU-wide summaries of undergraduate program assessment. This information is shared with WSU leadership, helps inform WSU-wide goals and initiatives, and helps ACE prioritize where support is needed.
- Colleges: Results are also compiled for each college to provide a snapshot of assessment in the college. College summaries are shared for discussion with college leadership.
- Contributes to WSU’s regional accreditation requirements under the Northwest Commission for Colleges and Universities (NWCCU); helps respond to recommendations.
- Which WSU undergraduate programs need to submit an annual program assessment report?
- Each undergraduate academic program that offers a degree needs to report annually on assessment, submitting a report to ACE. Starting in 2019, undergraduate degree programs with fewer than six seniors admitted to the major for the degree overall (using spring census records in OBIEE) will fall below the threshold for submitting the regular annual program assessment report and will file an alternative short assessment briefing to ACE instead. For questions about specific degree programs contact us.
- Do graduate programs need to report on assessment?
- Yes, graduate programs also report regularly on their program-level assessment. See the Graduate School website for details.
- Do undergraduate programs need to submit a program assessment report every year?
- Yes, every undergraduate degree program reports to ACE annually on its assessment.
- Why does the program assessment report form change from year to year?
- ACE makes improvements to the report form, as needed, in order to streamline the reporting process and to meet evolving needs at WSU. Please contact us to give input.