Areas Served and Specialty Focus
Sara supports undergraduate program assessment at WSU, working with colleges, degree programs, and UCORE to assess student learning and produce results that can guide faculty decisions about effective curricula and instruction. She is excited to work with programs and colleagues on assessment initiatives.
Sara has worked at the Office for Curricular Effectiveness as an Assessment Specialist since May 2023. Previously, she worked at the University of Idaho as the Associate Director of Assessment and Accreditation for seven years in the areas of academic and cocurricular assessment, program review, surveys, course evaluations, NWCCU accreditation, and system administration. Before that, she worked at Lewis Clark State College as the Associate Director of the Institute for Intensive English and led curricular revision, learning improvement and accreditation initiatives, among other things.
- Ed.D. candidate in Educational Leadership, Higher Education Administration. Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho. Expected 2024.
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Development. University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho. 2021.
- Ed.S. in Educational Leadership. University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho. 2011.
- M.S. in Adult & Organizational Learning and Leadership. University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho. 2011.
- B.A. in International Studies, Business and Economics emphasis. University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho. 2007.
- B.S. in Psychology, minor in German. University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho. 2007
- English as a second language courses for international students, beginner through college-prep levels.
- Intro to Leadership, Lewis-Clark State College.
- Workshops on financial literacy and study skills for TRiO Student Support Services program students.
- Workshops on assessment and program evaluation for faculty, department chairs, and associate deans.